Middle School "Voyagers"
Summit “Middle School” Voyagers
Summit School is a K-8 school that provides the opportunity for your students to navigate the Middle School Years in a smaller close knit community. What are some of the benefits that our middle school environment might provide for your student?
K-8 Involvement and total size of middle school: approx. 135 students versus 500-600
- Builds compassion, increases understanding, develops leadership, and encourages contributions for the good of society
- Provides a more supportive and safer environment for the pre-teen/teen years
Long Term Environment/Size/Culture
Daily meetings to support everyone’s learning and growth:
Curriculum at Summit Middle School
- EL model of curriculum and pedagogy
- Science, ELA, History
- Math aligned with district curriculum, including algebra
- EL expeditions have case studies, real-world authentic learning experiences, and projects.
- EL pedagogy and curriculum focuses on depth rather than breadth.
- Standards-based education (all CVSD schools)
Field Work at Summit Middle School
- Gets students out of comfort zones for personal
growth in character and grit
- Through shared challenges, adversity, failure, and success, students discover and develop new skills
Events and Team Building
- Fall overnighter, Hiawatha Trail, snowshoeing, X-Country skiing, ice-skating, spring overnighter, low ropes, high ropes, and more
Electives and Extracurricular
Electives offered at Summit
Yearbook and Digital Arts, leadership, short stories, book club, computer programming, outdoor skills, Holocaust
Clubs and Activities
After School Sports
Transition to High School and Beyond
Summit students are successful at the next level in any setting.
- SVT: award winning
- CV and UHigh: leadership, athletics, the arts
- Honors and AP transition
- UHigh: AVID program